Information Collected by Coronavirus.co
We only collect personal information that is relevant to the purpose of our website. This information allows us to provide you with a customized and efficient experience. We collect the following types of information from our Coronavirus.co users:
We collect information to make Coronavirus.co useful for you and to provide a personalized experience.
Information You Provide to Us
1) We receive and store any information you enter on our website or provide to us in any other way. You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of many of our features.
2) Registration: In order for you to use Coronavirus.co services you must complete a registration form. As part of this registration form, we require certain personal information. Our lawful basis for collecting personal information from you is to provide our services and to communicate with you with your consent when you register with us. Our collection of personal information from you is limited to information that we require in order to provide our services to you.
3) User Profile: To allow you to express yourself beyond just the information collected during registration, we enable you to provide additional information, such as your first and last names, email address, social media account links, a bio, and website URL. In addition, you may choose to include photos of yourself in your profile. As indicated below, in the section titled "Sharing Your Information", you can control how your information is displayed and used.
4) You have the right to edit, update, access, or transfer your personal information, or to delete your personal information if you are terminating your registration with Coronavirus.co.
We collect your registration and user profile data. Our servers also collect log information used to make the website faster and better. We also collect geographic location data; this allows us to present a more personalized experience.
1) We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. Coronavirus.co and its authorized agents automatically receive and record certain "traffic data" on their server logs from your browser and apps including your IP address, Coronavirus.co cookie information, and the page you requested. Coronavirus.co uses this traffic data to help diagnose problems with its servers, analyze trends, and administer the website. This does not involve collecting any of your personal information.
2) In addition to the "traffic data", Coronavirus.co and its authorized agents may collect information about the device you're using to access Coronavirus.co, its operating system, unique device identifier, device settings such as language, and crash data. Which data is specifically collected depends on the type of device and/or system running on that device. This data is again used to help us diagnose problems with the site and/or mobile apps and analyze trends. This does not involve collecting any of your personal information.
4) Coronavirus.co may collect and, on any page, display the total counts that page has been viewed. This includes User Profile pages.
5) Many companies offer programs that help you to visit websites anonymously. While Coronavirus.co will not be able to provide you with a personalized experience if we cannot recognize you, we want you to be aware that these programs are available.
Email and push notifications: Coronavirus.co is very concerned about your privacy and we will never provide your email address to a third party without your explicit permission, as detailed in the "Sharing Your Information" section below. Coronavirus.co may send out emails with Coronavirus.co-related news, products, offers, surveys, or promotions. You may also receive emails, texts and/or push notifications from Coronavirus.co, which inform you of actions (e.g., “new follows”) that have been performed on the site. We send these notifications to you based on receiving your consent. If you do not want to receive email from us, please visit the “Email notifications” section of your User Profile and/or follow the “unsubscribe” instructions contained in each email message. To unsubscribe from push notifications, please visit the “Push notifications” section of your User Profile on the app. However, please note that in all cases you will continue to receive all system emails (e.g. those regarding forgotten user passwords) and legal notices (e.g. updates to our policies) from us unless you terminate your registration.
We will send you emails and push notifications based on your User Profile settings. From time to time, we may send emails to all our users. We also won’t read your Coronavirus.co messages unless you have been reported for behaving inappropriately.
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and tell us how and when pages in our website are visited and by how many people. Coronavirus.co cookies do not collect personal information.
Sharing Your Information
Because Coronavirus.co enables people to discover and share information with one another, information about the people who use Coronavirus.co is an integral part of the Coronavirus.co experience. Rest assured that we will not rent or sell your personal information to anyone and that we will share your personal information only as described below:
Coronavirus.co Personnel: Coronavirus.co personnel and authorized consultants and/or contractors may have access to user information if necessary in the normal course of Coronavirus.co business.
Business Transfers: In some cases, we may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, user information is typically one of the business assets that is transferred. Moreover, if Coronavirus.co, or substantially all of its assets, were acquired, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred.
User Profile information: Information collected during registration and subsequent visits, such as your full name and location, may be displayed to other Coronavirus.co users in your User Profile. The User Profile is the area on Coronavirus.co where we allow you to tell other Coronavirus.co users about yourself. You may control what personal information is displayed in your User Profile by visiting the Settings section of your User Profile.
Followers' Activity: Much like other online social networks, Coronavirus.co allows non-followers to browse your followers’ activity.
Syndication: Coronavirus.co allows for the RSS syndication of all of its public content within the Coronavirus.co website.
With Your Consent: Except as noted above, we will contact you when your personal information is shared with third parties or used for a purpose incompatible with the purpose(s) for which it was originally collected, and you will be able to opt out to prevent the sharing of this information.
We do not sell your information to anyone. However, we will show publicly available information to other users. We may share information so that we can provide our service, and we may share information where required by law. We may also share information with third parties that help Coronavirus.co provide services to you.
Keeping Information and Our Website Secure
Your Coronavirus.co account information is protected by an encrypted password for your privacy and security. Protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer by logging off once you have finished using a shared computer.
Only employees who need personal information to perform a specific job (for example, a customer service representative) are granted access to it. All of our employees are kept up to date on our privacy and security practices.
Your account is protected by an encrypted password. We keep it secure; you must also keep it safe. Our employees may not access your account unless required to do a specific job. We use reCAPTCHA to help protect our website from malicious attacks.
Ways to Control Display and Use of Your Information
As stated previously, you can always opt not to disclose information, but then you may be unable to use certain features on our website.
By visiting your User Profile, you can correct, amend, add, or delete personal information on our website.
If you do not wish to receive email from us, please visit the Settings of your User Profile and/or follow the instructions contained in the unwanted email message.
However, please note that you will continue to receive all system emails (e.g., those regarding forgotten user passwords) and legal notices (e.g. updates to our policies) from us unless you terminate your registration with Coronavirus.co.
As explained earlier, the "help" portion of the toolbar on the majority of browsers will direct you on how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to command the browser to tell you when you receive a new cookie, or how to fully disable cookies. Please note, however, that if your browser does not accept cookies, you will not be able to take advantage of some of our attractive features.
You can choose not to share information with us, but your experience of the site may be limited. However, until your account is deleted, you may receive all system emails.
Children Under 18 Years of Age
You must be 14 years and older to register to use the Coronavirus.co website. As a result, Coronavirus.co does not specifically collect information about children. If we learn that Coronavirus.co has collected information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. We recommend that minors between the ages of 14 and 18 ask and receive permission from a legal guardian before using Coronavirus.co or sending information about themselves or anyone else over the Internet.
Please register only when you reach 18 years of age, or ask for permission from a legal guardian if you are between 14 and 18 years old. You are not allowed to register if you are under 14.
Conditions of Use
4400 North Scottsdale Rd.
Scottsdale, AZ 85251
Effective as of March 15, 2020.